Sunday, November 05, 2006

The almost vegan birthday...

Yes, she does exist my oldest daughter Amber who turned 17 on October 30th. We celebrated it a couple days late with a couple of her friends and a bean taco bar. Amber or her friends are by no means vegetarian let alone vegan, but there where no complaints. I made a layered bean dip from The garden of vegan (pg 105) leaving out the vegan cheese but, did have some regular shredded cheddar on the side (hence the almost vegan title). I made the Vwav lemon gem cupcakes (Ambers favorite) into a cake and the icing from here The little ones got a lick of the frosting and gave it "ten thumbs up.. No wait a hundred thumbs up!" Yep, the little kids again made the wrapping paper. Amber w/ her boyfriend Brendon.


Other then that I have just been cooking a lot of non blog worthy repeats this week. I didn't even take pictures. "Chicken" fried seitan, baked tofu nuggets, and last night I was so lazy we just had boca burgers.

10 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great party idea. I'll definitely use the bean taco bar idea in the future - that is if I ever make any friends here in this new town. The Lemon Gem cupcakes are also one of my favorite. Sadly, the last time I made them, I bit into something quite awful (I think it was a lump of baking soda or powder - can't remember now) and it has kind of soured me against them. Nice to finally meet your daughter. She's a very beautiful woman.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger aTxVegn said...

Looks like a great party and a happy birthday girl and an awesome taco bar!

Bocas are great!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

PARTY ON! Hey, why wasn't i invited?! Hee hee... seriously, from the looks of things, i do wish i was there! Thank you for sharing pix of the b'day girl and her sweetie and the sweet and savory treats. Love the look into your world...

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Candi said...

I love your party idea! The taco bar is a sure way to please everyone. And that cake! :P :P Looks really pretty! I hope Amber had a great birthday!!! How nice of you to also make her lemon gem cupcakes!! :)

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with bean tacos. That's my fall-back for meals with my non-veg daughter. It looks like your daughter enjoyed her party.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger laura k said...

What a great birthday party! I'm glad you turned the Lemon Gems into a cake--I love those too, but prefer cakes. Looks like such fun!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

What a pretty daughter you have (her BF's cute) and wow-what a meal!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Valentina said...

i hope your daughter enjoyed and appreciated all the food you prepared!! happy birthday to her!!!!! i feel like cooking something right now!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Nikk said...

I love birthdays and parties! Any excuse to get together and eat and laugh is fun!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger seattlegal said...

looks like the party was a hit - i love taco bars, who doesn't? good idea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home