Tuesday, September 19, 2006

weekend fun

Last weekends fun..Friday at the beach.. On Saturday we went to a new park .. We really had fun it was way more my kids size then other playgrounds..

On Sunday we were invited to go to a birthday party for one of Emma's little classmates. It seemed like we spent all day preparing.. Eli and Emma made wrapping paper and birthday cards. I made Dreena's Chocolate P-nut Butter Squares from Viva Le Vegan, for Emma who can't have the cake and had two more birthdays coming up this week at pre-school. Awesome stuff! three layers of goodness! The oat base, the peanut butter center and last the chocolate topping.. I messed up the oat base though. I accidentally used reg. oatmeal instead of quick cooking and this just did not work. The base was hard and crumbly.. waa.. But, Emma loves it none the less. Because I thought I blew it I also made the Moosewood Restaurant cooks at home 6 min chocolate cake. I experimented using stevia again, the recipe calls for a whole flippen cup of sugar so I used 1/2 cup sugar and replaced the other 1/2 cup sugar w/ 1/2 tsp stevia. Daddy loves it! Well, the party was at five and I assumed there would be some sort of dinner or snacks so, before we went I made the kids and I some more "hot dog" soup. None of my food pictures turned out, so here is a picture of Emma's wrapping paper.Monday nights dinner...
Zucchini delight from How it All Vegan and Carrot Oat patties from Bryanna's 20 Min. to Dinner.
Well, my only complaint is that because I grated the zucchini in the food processor it made the casserole a bit too soupy (I was trying to disguise the zucchini, so the kids would eat it). The original recipe calls for lentils but, I didn't have a can and I was being lazy so I replaced it w/ some chick peas that I cooked last week. It worked. The patties were tasty I will definitely make those again!

edit: Okay so I am really hoping that my post make some sort of sense I have come down with a hell of a cold and I hope to join the land of the living really soon! Until then it will freezer food and what not around here. I'll be on the couch if ya need me..

15 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww! I hope you feel better soon!!!! I'll send some warm sunshine and miso soup your way!

About the flipping photos of your insanely cute kids! Now MY biological clock is ticking too Thank You Very Much ;)

Seriously though... they're too cute for words and all your foods looks delicious as always!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Have some hot dog soup!
Love the photos of your children. They are adorable!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you are up and at 'em soon. Colds are no fun. Cute wrapping paper. I love that your kids made it. I haven't tried Dreena's P-nut butter squares but they sure do sound delicious!

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute pics. The background on the one pic with the beach and the trees is beautiful. Get well soon!!! :)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Valentina said...

hi!
This is my first time at your blog! I love your pictures! I'm surely coming back!!
See you!
Valentina

http://www.alongthesea.blogspot.com

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

I hope you get well soon. Alaska is beautiful (I know I keep saying that). Thanks for all these photos.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

I hope you feel better..

our kids are so cute as usual.. I was just eyeing that recipe last night..

Love the wrapping paper... I hope they are so proud of themselves.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Beautiful kids, beautiful photos.

Feel better. XO.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

hope you're feeling better! Precious photos of your kids -- it's great discovering a new playground.

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made that Moosewood cake the other night too! I agree, way too sweet, I just half the sugar, use half a cup raw brown sugar and thats it, its sweet enough that way.

Happy Cooking, G

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Dori said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Freezer food is not bad. We made the Chocolate P-nut Butter Squares from Viva Le Vegan on 4th of July and they were excellent. Play size parks are perfect, your kids are so very photogenic.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Candi said...

What beautiful photos! Your children are so photogenic!

I love the wrapping paper! :P

I hope you feel better soon. :( Have some of that hot dog soup and rest a lot!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

after much grating zucchini for recipes, I stumbled upon one of my favorite kitchen tools, the saladaccio. I believe I link to a place to buy one online in one of my earliest posts.

It creates thin spirals or spiraled shreds without them getting all watery like they do in a grater. maybe that will help you disguise them in the future AND it's fun! :) once i got mine i put zucchini on everything.

hope you're feeling better! i love the stories your posts tell. what beautiful children, inside and out.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Your kids are so cute!!!

That wrapping paper is too much, what great artwork there.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home