Saturday, October 07, 2006

lots of pics - not much to say

Well, it has been a while and I have been cooking.. What the heck happened? Our internet was down for three days. Oh the horror! I think there where only two streets in town affected and we lived on one of them. It was pretty strange to live in the dark ages again. I found that things just cross my mind through out the day and I want to go google the answer, or find a recipe, or read y'all blogs for some dinner inspiration. Then the internet returned and the power went out. Anyway, here are some hi-lights from the week..



Nothing fancy here my baked mac and "cheese" and a big ol garden salad. Mr. Eli who is five exclaimed "THIS DINNER ROCKS" while shoveling it in "JUST ROCKS MY WORLD". What every mom wants to here!
BBQ tempeh w/ pineapple fried rice from the garden of vegan.
"chicken" pot pie I was in need of some good ol' fashion comfort food.
An Italian style soup loosely based on a recipe from the Complete Vegan Cookbook topped w/ some veganrella chedder. And home made 12 grain bread, I substitute some of the flour w/ almond meal and man is it good!

Friday night fun.. Well, I had a particularly hard day on Friday and my honey offered to pick up some take out to make the night easier. The problem is there just aren't any real vegan options for take out on our side of town besides a cheese-less Papa Murphy. Don't get me wrong we have done it but, I just wasn't in the mood for that. So, this is really just as easy, much cheaper and makes the kids just as happy. Win Win.
A real treat! Saturday morning slice of heaven! Honey made his vegan sourdough waffles and they are AWESOME! This is one of the few foods that the box -o- egg replacer gets used for and works really well in.

14 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger laura k said...

Wow, you've been busy making delicious food! That up-close shot of the waffle is terrific.

"Chicken" pot pie... It's been a long time since I've had such a thing. I should give that a try soon.

I'm glad everything is up and running as normal again!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger B said...

The baked mac and cheese pic looks great! And I don't usually cook much breakfast food, just oatmeal, but if I did,that pic of the waffle would certainly inspire me.

Brandie

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love the pineapple fried rice from GOV. That BBQ tempeh looks amazing!! How do you do it?

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Absolutely lovely food there!!! I would love some of EVERY thing on there. Thanks for sharing your nice photos... lucky family of yours to eat so well, too!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Candi said...

I'm glad you are online again! :) I know what you mean about feeling like you're living in the dark ages when you're not "connected!"

Youd foods loook great. I've sen a few of those mac and cheezes around and now really want to try making some!! (I've never tried that before!)

I love how your kids are loving your cooking! Dinner rocks! LOL! Very cute!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

What a great post! I've been away from commenting for almost a week and a half. Busy with work (both jobs) and everyday I just seem to run out of time. Mac n' Cheeeeeez! I've never tried to make a vegan version but would love to give it a go. I wouldn't tell hubby. Just serve and see what he says. If he couldn't tell the difference, then I'd know I had a hit. He's a KD man. (Kraft Dinner - in the US known as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese) gross, yes. This is also a man who insists on white bread. I keep trying!
I've never attempted tempeh and would really like to give it a go. And pineapple rice!? How was it?
Have a super weekend! Hope your power stays on for a while :o)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger funwithyourfood said...

ooh the chicken pot pie looks good! when i was a kid i always ate real chicken pot pies

teddy

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all that food looks amazing. I've never heard of sourdough waffles. I LOVE sourdough

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"chicken" pot pie that looks amazing! i never do one in my life, i must find one easy recipe someday!
thanks for share those photos!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

The pictures speak for themselves -- it all says DELICIOUS! :o)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger aTxVegn said...

All that food looks so good! We're still wearing shorts and sandals here. When it cools off, I sure will give that chicken pot pie a try.

Do I see breaded tofu? I want to try that, but I was wondering how to keep the breading on without egg. Any hints?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

These pictures are worth a thousand drools.

Now THOSE are waffles. I'm a waffle newbie--you should share your tips.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Catherine Weber said...

Homemade waffles . . . sigh . . . I need a waffle iron pronto!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Mary French said...

I love the pictures of your children. Thanks for sharing them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home