Friday, November 24, 2006

My Vegan Thanksgiving

Happy day after Thanksgiving.. Sorry there this will be very short and to the point.. My Mom and oldest son is here visiting, our time together is to short for me to be sitting in front of the computer for too long.... I do hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving and a will have a wonderful weekend.

Soooo what was on my plate?

-Smashed cauliflower-used 2 tbl. vegan sour cream + earth balance + one head of cauliflower.
-Mushroom gravy from Vegan Vittles.
-I made the sausage tempeh from Vegan w/ a vengeance and use that in my stuffing.
-I also tried the Savory Wild Rice Stuffed Onions from Veg Family's- The vegan holiday table.
-Tofurky from How it all Vegan.
I also made regular mashed potatoes and cranberries.
One Tofu pumpkin pie- I suggest adding 3 tbl cornstarch to that recipe and using firm silken tofu.. Turns out perfect everytime.
One Impossible Vegan Pumpkin pie from The fatfreevegan.. w/ a dollop of tofu whip cream from How it all vegan.

17 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea with the cauliflower. Yay for 2 pumpkin pies!!! Did you like the Impossible Vegan Pumpkin Pie?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger bazu said...

Yum! I have only tried one vegan pumpkin pie so far- the impossible one from fat free vegan (and love it)- but maybe it's time I tried a tofu one too. Hope you have a great time with your visitors!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger aTxVegn said...

Everything looks delicious! And two pumpkin pies! I'm glad you're enjoying your Thanksgiving.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks and sounds lovely! I hope you had a happy holiday!

Courtney

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum, i want some of the pie. have a great time with your mom :)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Candi said...

All my favorites! Looks great.

I made the impossible pumpkin pie too and loved it!! (My second time making it....Britty loves it too!)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you had a great holiday - we Canucks celebrated in October, but your meal has me craving another feast! Looks delicious!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Looks GREAT. I've yet to make a vegan pumpkin pie but will be doing so before the year is up

teddy

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm.brilliant. I've got to try that cauliflower idea. Must be a great way to get good veggies into your kids (not that they don't already seem to eat really healthy)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy...it all looks great. We haven't done vegan pumpkin pie, i'll try out that recipe you recommend. We did pecan ourselves, that's what the kids love. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger erica said...

I had tempeh sausage crumbles for thanksgiving, as well. So yummy with mashed potatos and stuffing. (oh yeah, and all that other stuff)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Nikk said...

I tried to make the Impossible pie too, but it didn't turn out well for me. I wonder what I did wrong. Everything looks great. I hope you had a good holiday.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Yum! I've never tried smashed cauliflower, but need to try it.

-Crystal

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Your plate is perfect! I have not tried mashed cauliflower but want to.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Looks like you had a wonderful feast. Loads of yummy variety.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Your feast looks delicious. I love using cauliflower that way.. delicious!

I loved your snow pics.. I talked with my relatives in Juneau on Thanksgiving and they were telling me how snowy and gorgeous it is..

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

I hope you're enjoying the visit with your family.
Your Thanksgiving meal looks wonderful! How did you like the tofurky from How It All Vegan? I was eyeing the one from La Dolce Vegan. I can't decide!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home