Friday, September 15, 2006

Lifes a Beach

Corn bread muffin
So as my previous post mention that black bean soup recipe makes a lot! so we had left overs. Along w/ leftovers I made our favorite corn bread muffins from How it all Vegan Pg.130. So simple and not to sweet. I do use whole wheat pastry flour instead of all purpose and they always turn out great! Behind the muffin is what I add to my bowl of soup.. YUMMY! The black bean soup is a bit bland for me, but I think that is why the kids like it so much. So, I like to kick it up w/ the chipotle hot sauce!

Blue Banana Muffins

Also from How it all Vegan.. some blue banana muffins Pg.131.. I thought they had a great texture to them but, I cut the sugar down from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup and well, they where a bit bland... and the recipe doesn't call for salt but, it really needed a touch. Oh by the way this extra buttery muffin was one of the kids.. Kids need some bit of fat in their diets, especially when they aren't eating meat. Barbecue grilled tempeh
Ohh last nights dinner was delicious!! Barbecue Tempeh! Hubby grilled him and the kids some Rock Fish (yes, we are still a mix diet family..) I had this tempeh in the fridge and this is my favorite way to eat it. I use a home made barbecue sauce recipe from the Vegan Word Fusion Cuisine. Oh I can not begin to tell you how good this is! Hugs
For the first time in forever we have had some sun!! which means we can go to the beach!! yea! after school yesterday we headed out and it was fabulous! It was a bit windy and a bet chilly as fall is really in the air here..but,still fun was had by all.

8 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh stop it now! Didn't I already tell you how your cute kids make me want to consider having some rugrats of my own? And here you go, posting more adorable pics. Enough!!! You must promise that the next pics are of hair pulling and tantrums! :-)

Cute kids aside, I'm glad you were able to have a fun day at the beach. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live in Alaska. Do you like it?

The food looks so yummy, but the corn bread muffins are really the best. I need to get that cookbook so I can try them. I'm desperate to find a good cornbread recipe (so far all the ones I've tried have failed miserably).

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... where's the adorable children police!

The scenery in the background is amazing! I MUST visit Alaska one day... it's breathtaking!

The food... super yummy looking too! Especially the muffins :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Your kids are so cute! The views look beautiful in Alaska, wow! Does "mix diet family" mean you sometimes eat flesh foods? I'm confused.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Love the photos of your kids, very cute!!! And nice to get out of doors and enjoy the beach and sunshine!

I drooled over all your food, the muffins are so amazing with the Earth Balance on 'em. YUMMY!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll have to try the VWF BBQ sauce recipe. I have that cookbook, but I don't use it very often.

Your food over the last few days has looked amazing...especially those tacos.

I agree with the group - adorable kids!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Your kids are so adorable...

The stroganoff looks great too..

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable and the grilled tempeh looks delish!!! Thanks for sharing, G

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home