Monday, September 11, 2006

food funk

Not a lot of blog worthy cooking happening here this weekend. I seemed to have lost my cooking mojo. It's just with the kids and school I haven't quite got a system or routine yet and has left me feeling really scattered.. which leads me to Fridays dinner.. When I got up on Friday, I just hit the ground running By the time the kids and I got home and settled, and I sat for the first time all day at about 4:30 I just wasn't ready to cook a big meal.. or well, really cook at all. Enter hubby.. He came home from work and slapped together some black bean taco's everybodys fav. It was sooo nice to have a bit of a break. Three cheers for honey!
Saturday night dinner yet another wrap.. I made some more baked "chicken" nuggets only more like strips w/ some "ranch" dressing and baked sweet potato fries..

Last night we had a family date- a movie and dinner down town.
edit: honey was a bit offended by my choice of words.. food funk .. ect..ect.. his tacos were fabulous and the wrap was great.. for the record..

11 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

My husband would have walked all the way to Alaska to eat that meal.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger primaryconsumer said...

That looks wonderful, so props to you hubby! I would reccomend getting Lorna Sass' Complete Vegetarian Kitchen. It's full of recipes that use pressure cooking as the method of choice, and by doing so cuts down the cooking time, which maybe would help you?. Just a suggestion. :)

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food funk? Your hubby is right. Those tacos look delicious.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have a hubby that can throw together a meal :) Looks delish! But I understand about the food funk... been there myself lately too :)

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those tacos look SO good! Yay for your hubby!! :)

Your chicken strips wrap and sweet potato fries look great too! I'm getting lots of good ideas here! :)

~Candi
http://candi2400.blogspot.com/index.html

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Dori said...

Three cheers for honey! Those taco shells look wonderfully toasted.

Tofu strips in a wrap, perfect.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are making me hungry !!!

Gaia
http://liveitupvegan.blogspot.com

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

Do you think maybe your hubby would mind stopping by here tonight? The day hasn't even started and I'm tired. I know by the time I get home from work I won't want to think about cooking either. He whips up a mean looking meal! Way to go!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Shananigans said...

That tacos and the wrap look so good! I love tacos, we had tacos with VwaV veggie chorizo last night. I had some leftover chorizo in a pita with peppers and avocado for lunch, that stuff is super yummy!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger meesh said...

Hooray for your culinary-inclined husband! A man who can (and does) cook? Gurl...does he have a brother. lol

Are the "chicken" nuggets seitan? I have some gluten flour at home that I just have not worked up the nerve to convert into seitan yet. The back-to-school thing has also taken some of the wind out of my sails. :) Maybe this weekend...

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home