Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wontons

This is little Eli's contribution to the blog world! He was cute last night and grabbed the camera during all of the dinner prep commotion.. When I asked what the heck are you doing? He said "don'cha need a picture for your blog?" So below is the Mister Eli's picture of the vegetarian ground "chicken" becoming Curried "chicken" filling So.. Last night I broke out Bryanna Clark Grogens Authentic Chinese Cuisine.. Her cook books are really great! They are all chalk full of tips, tricks and substitution options for all of her recipes. Anyway, these little crispy wontons were quite an undertaking to say the least! But, the pay off was huge!!! First I had to make the "chicken" which is a brilliant combination of TVP, Tofu (shhh don't tell the kids) and gluten, mixed and steamed. Then came the "chicken" filling which really amounted to adding some curry - the recipe calls for onion, but I left it out for Eli's sake. Then came filling the vegan wonton wrappers and frying them. I know, I know, I have never fried so much in my adult life as I have in the last month??? soo much dear hubby commented about buying a fry daddy.. oh for the love of my big fat butt NOOO! I also made Bryanns sweet and sour dipping sauce which was really more for the kids - to entice them into eating the won tons. Okay, I managed to dirty every dish in the house- this no exaggeration! On the side, we had brown rice and we had some cauliflower that really, really needed steaming which makes for one very happy Eli. Plain, not mixed w/ anything, is how that boy likes his veggies.
So the kids have been taking a lot of pictures lately and magically managed to change some camera setting buttons, and.. I wish they could switch them back as easily as they changed them. On our camera, it's no easy feat. Truly I don't know how they managed it w/ all of the menus and prompting to save. But, 4 and 5 year olds have unique capabilities, don't they?

ahh... a couple cute pictures of Emma and her kitty Sammy napping while Eli was at school. We adopted Sammy a couple months ago from the shelter, he was a stray cat. He is about three years old, and man, I truly don't know how they ever survived w/o one and other. He has blended and become one of our family flawlessly.

He has trained us all very well.. This is Sammy's blanket.. And when we lay it out on our laps he will jump up and LOVE.. that's what little Emma calls it when they snuggle..









I have also been tagged by Gaia to list my top picks of things I think everybody should eat before they die .. I will do that, but, I am still thinking about it! She also made the nuggets... wow.. I was just tickled to see my name her blog!

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Awwww... what Eli said to you. HOW CUTE! What great little photographers too. And the photo of Emma and Sammy. Precious. Thanks for catching them napping. That is a keeper.

And may i tell you, the food you show cookin' and in the plate is so incredible looking, MiA. I would just absolutely love the curried "chicken" filling. YUMMY!!!

Isn't it great to not have to be upset that your children won't eat their veggies? Such the cry from so many parents...

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger seattlegal said...

Wontons look so good!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitty is so cute....I will have to share this photo with the Mitz!!!


Huggs, G and the Mitz

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home