Thursday, August 31, 2006

Long time.. No blog..

We actually had a sunny day here.. Here is the proof. This picture is from a turn out we pass on the way home...

I feel a bit bad about my little absence .. I had finally invited some friends and family to my blog and then my Mom came down for a visit! Which is always awesome. We really do miss her! It is hard living so far away , so we all love it when she comes. Yes, I did cook, but we were just to busy visiting and what not to stop and blog about it.. It was also Mr. Eli's first week of kindergarten..
ahhh one very exited Eli on his first day of school..
Back to the food.. Eh? Last nights dinner was Slow Pho.. A Vietnamese noodle soup. And I thought it was pretty darn okay! Its from the Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker cookbook.. Which I have had some pretty mixed result from. I used it a lot last summer when it was too hot to cook. Everybody agreed the crispy little seitan bits made the soup! Eli though won't be eating any left overs .. Silly kid his just had noodles, seitan and green beans but, he needed a lot of coaxing to get him to finish his dinner... errrr.
And well, this was left on the camera from last weekend some little bean taquito's w/ mango! No, coaxing Eli on this one! He would eat beans and cheese everyday if we would let him!

8 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

That top photo! OMG, so amazing. Breathtaking. Wow, i don't know what to say other than thanks for posting it.

The food looks totally delicius and absolutely great! And Eli on his first day... now THAT is special. Great shot of the sweetie's new beginning!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is incredible. What a beautiful place you live in.

How cute of little Eli on his first day of school. I like his backpack. He's got such a happy and sweet face.

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food looks delich but honestly, I think everything pales in comparison to that first photo. OH MY GOODNESS! How exquisitely beautiful!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Dori said...

Love the view and glad you had a chance to get away.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo is just gorgeous!!!! Hope your son has a fun and great year in kindergarten :) I've also had some mixed results with that slow cooker cookbook.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger meesh said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful photo! That's quite a view you get on your drive home. Sure beats the view we get on the 101 freeway! lol

Sounds like you had a nice visit with your mom. I lived very far away from my family for many years and I always cherished our visits together.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that photo is beautiful -- you get to see that on the way home?! wow.
congrats to eli -- kindergarten is a BIG deal.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that first pic is amazing! wow.. you should enter that somewhere..

Happy first day of school to Eli!

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your mom

-melody

 

Post a Comment

<< Home