Wednesday, August 23, 2006

spaghetti + singapore noodles

ahh spaghetti.. If there is one thing I can cook its spaghetti! My little secret ingredients are a pinch of cinnamon and after the sauce is done cooking about 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.

1 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
8-10 white mushrooms
2 28oz cans diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
1/4 tsp stevia
1 tble simply organic all purpose seasoning
1 tble Basil
1/2 tble oregano
1/2 tsp. Thyme
salt pepper, pinch of cinnamon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar..

I tried to record my recipe, but in the end I always seem to add a little more of this and a dash more of that.. this makes a lot! I usually freeze some.

last night the kids got leftover spaghetti.. So me and hubby could have P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro Singapore Street Noodles be warned these are Very Very spicy! I find theMadras curry powder in our supermarkets bulk spices. I also only use a half pound of noodles keeping everything else the same. It makes A lot.. And it keeps it in a manageable amount to fry all noodles at once.

Well, things are crazy this week w/ back to school.. Eli will be starting kindergarten and is just beside himself w/ anticipation! He is so cute packing and unpacking all of his new school supplies.. And showing everybody who walks in the door his new stuff.. Emma will be going back to pre-school .. Solo w/ out her brother.. This will be very hard for her.. She is quite dependent on her big brother for many of her social interactions.. She attends a co-op pre-school which means I too will be going back to pre-school as parent participation is a requirement (ya, that's a good thing). My oldest daughter will be starting eleventh grade she is looking into going into an alternative school.. We have a week full of school meetings and what not.. Ya! I really am looking forward to a bit of alone time.. If nothing else just going to the store ALONE w/o my little helpers!

8 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

that looks really great.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your recipe sounds delicious. I'd love to have a signature marinara. I've saved your recipe and will give it a try the next time I make spaghetti. The only problem for me is the wine. It's hard to cook with it when you don't drink it. I hate opening a bottle to only use 1/4 cup and the rest gets thrown away.

Any ideas for saving/using the remainder of the bottle?

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

the food looks delicious & thanks for the secret pinch of cinnamon tip! ahhh, back to school time....

vivacious: freeze the wine in ice-cube trays to use later.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Both pasta dishes look great...
I'm sure the cinnamon adds an extra layer of flavor..

I look forward to school starting too... Tuesday for us. Both of my kids are somewhat excited too..

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Candi said...

Hi!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I come over here and I see Pasta!! YUM!! I LOVE spaghetti! That post makes me want some for dinner tonight!

I love the red wine idea!! :P

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger meesh said...

Your pasta looks like it was great. I will have to try the cinnamon the next time I do a sauce. I must confess, I usually just add some stuff to a premade pasta sauce I buy at the store. (sigh) It's bad, I know. You have inspired me to change my ways! :)

Viki - freezing the wine? Genius!

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello MadeinAlaska! I am a vegan who has been concerned about coming to Juneau next summer and starving. Your beautiful food has given me hope. Can you recommend some restaurants where I might eat? Or would you consider starting one in time for my visit? :>) Clark (ctibbits@main.nc.us)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home