Friday, August 18, 2006

Curried veggie pie w/ chickpea crust


Last night we gave Vive le vegan a break.. I made curried vegetable pie w/ chickpea crust from the garden of vegan (pg 158).. Well, had to make a couple of changes. One change I made was the necessary step of disguising the onion, carrots, celery, tomato and red pepper by pureeing them after they were sauteed.. cuz of our little Eli.. After that step I didn't need to add the veg broth the recipe called for... Whats acceptable? left un-pureed are the peas, chickpeas and cauliflower...I also used curry paste rather then powder.. But, my guestimation made it a bit on the spicy side.. Which only really bothered Eli (there is one in every family huh??, one that is a bit picker then the rest?)..I thought it was perfect, Emma gobbled hers up and dad was pretty pleased. The crust turned out great and I am NOT, I repeat NOT a crust maker.. I lack some gene needed to make even the fail proof kinds of crust.. I have read all the tips, I have tried all the tips.. Still my crust is usually very edible just not pretty.... The pictures is kinda washed out the crust was a golden brown..

10 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Pure Zuke said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Urban Vegan said...

Nice!

I sometimes disguise food for Omnniman, too. [Hope he doesn't read this--haha] Sometimes, if I give a dish a more exciting name, he will chomp it up quite happily. For example, if I say we're having Tofu Cutlets, he will yawn, but if I say we'e having Southern Fried Tofu, he won't be able to contain himself.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Melody said...

I think it looks delicious! I always puree the offenders too.. hehe..

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

Nice week of cooking I must say. I have wanted to try that recipe for a long time now. Good to hear that it's a winner. I just got some nice fresh cauliflower too, so maybe this week. Keep the pictures coming!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Vivacious Vegan said...

Been away for a while and don't have time to comment on all your recent posts but I did want to say I am so happy you're blogging. Your food always looks delicious and inspiring. The chickpea crust sounds like it's a definite keeper (I'll be giving it a try myself very soon).

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Dori said...

Interesting chickpea crust. I don;t have this cookbook you mention, so I love to see the refreshing new to me ideas.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

This looks amazing! YUM!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger thisgirlsgonnagetrocked said...

This looks yummy! I will need to check this out as I too lack the 'crust gene'.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may sound like an unfamiliar cliche but ed hardy clothing bras dont fall off trees. You have to spend your precious ed hardy clothes money, not to mention time, shopping for bras. With this sort of an ed hardy investment, you'll wish to buy some thing that lasts long.Check ed hardy store out these well-liked plus size bras...There are numerous popular brand names in the market, each Ed Hardy UK with their very own designs, styles and variations. Lets take a look ed hardy Swimwear at some from the well-liked brands in the bra market.As one of the most ed hardy Bikini recognized namesin womens lingerie, apparel and personal care products, Victorias Secret is big on bras. Their ed hardy Bikini bra collections are often trend setters and are world well-known.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you choose to obtain jewelry for abercrombie & fitch uk mom you'll need to remember what your mom pandora discount uk really needs. If she has help brimming with rings, then investing in a ring that she will be able to in no way wear would not pandora sale online be excellent.Aside from choosing Bracelets coming from a standard bracelets keep, rings can even be ordered via online stores. The best thing about buying on pandora shop the internet is you get to see anything the presents, where in a pandora 2010 shop it can be tough to sort nevertheless his or her inventory to cheap panadora uncover the right thing. Mothers love gifts that are memorable. Attempt to present panora jewery your mom using a gift that is personalized, as an illustration an pandora jewerelly engagement ring using their name engraved in it. Gold rings make for great gifts since they pandora jewlerry immortalize your mom's name in gold. A gold necklace and a pendant produces a fantastic pandora silver charms gifts for your mom, and gifts which are most often overlooked .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home