Thursday, August 17, 2006

Creamy hummus totilla pizza

Last night was pizza night the kids made their own. I wanted something a little lighter and made Dreenas creamy hummus tortilla pizza.. Again a real winner. i really like the low carb tortillas they are high in fiber, low in calories...The zucchini and red pepper are roasted w/ a dash of hoisin sauce.. what a perfect combo! How does she do it??? My hubby could not get over how fabulous the hummus was.. All these years I have been making my own version w/ chili paste.. I prefer my hummus spicy .. Dreenas is a very simple very creamy version.. I did add a bit more garlic then the recipe called for .. Sad the only crackers in the house were plain ol saltines but, enjoyed by all..

Again with the rain.. My 16 yr old daughter told me today that we have only had one day of sunshine in the last 49 days.. Ugh! The rainiest months are coming up September and October.. It will only stop raining when its starts to snow..

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I'll have to try that recipe next!

I can relate to rainy season, since it's in full swing here in S. Florida... I bet the snow is beautiful though when it comes!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

what a delicious looking pizza on such a cheerful plate. i love hoisin sauce on my veggies - especially kale. we are experiencing a drought here...

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Dori said...

You have had one day of sunshine in 49 days and it's not even your rainy season! Wow! It has been raining here for the past four days. Catching up from the drier than normal three months we just had perhaps, the rain is needed we were in a drought state previously but it is a little late to help the corn crop... there is alot of that in Iowa.

The hummous pizza looks really good to. I like Dreena's simpleness in her recipes also and am surprised that they taste as good as they do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home