Saturday, August 26, 2006

Truly a happy meal

Okay, keep in mind we have small kids here.. Who LOVED the little fried seitan nuggets in the General Tao's Seitan from the night before.. soo, I tried to make little "chicken" nuggets from the same batch of seitan. I must say, they weren't spot on, but pretty darn edible! Along w/ it are sweet potato fries from Venturesome Vegetarian Cooking: Bold Flavors for Meat- and Dairy-Free Meals . If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it.. We have yet to have a dud from it..
And for Eli we had steamed PLAIN broccoli! Who reminded me again and again he doesn't like his broccoli mixed w/ anything.. There ya go...

my attempt at "chicken nuggets"

see this post for my "chicken" seitan

Wet.. 1/2 cup plain soy milk, mix in 2 tsp. egg replacer
dry
3/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic
2tsp onion
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of Lawry's
dash of all purpose seasoning
1 tbl sugar..
dunk nugget size seitan in wet, dredge in dry, and fry ..
I think when I try this again I will cut the corn starch down to a 1/2 cup and add 1/4 cup flour..
But, if you like your nuggets extra crispy.. then stay w/ the 3/4 cup corn starch.

8 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Love the nuggets... great kid food

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew that corn starch would help make things crispy Fantastic! thanks for the tip!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, happy happy joy joy. I'm a kid at heart and looooooove nuggety goodness like this. It really sounds like something fun, healthy and tasty. Just how i think food is meant to be... Thanx, mia!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Great idea. I think bg kids (like me) will love these, too.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I wonder would my chicken loving kids eat these?

I sure would. :)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger laura k said...

Those seitan nuggets do look tasty, even though I haven't had chicken nuggets in years...

You've got a great blog here! All your creations look yummy! Thanks!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

dinner looks great - i should try the nuggets out on my girls. right now, they are morningstar fans. sometimes it's impossible to get something new in... kudos on the cookbooks!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home