Monday, August 21, 2006

soup + muffins

Ahh yes the fruits of our labor! The rain has given us a bit of a break and we went blueberry picking again.. The kids begged for some muffins.. I used an old recipe as a base, but made enough changes that I think I can call it mine now.. It was a bit salty for me but hubby said he didn't get that .. And well, Emma had to be cut off.. She LOVED them! This would be my first attempt at using Stevia - and man its awesome! So these are fat free and sugar free!! And delicious!

Julees Blue Berry muffines
Ingredients:
2 ripe banana's
1/2 tsp vanilla
1tble ground flaxseed + 3 tbl h2o
1tsp egg replacer + 1 tbl h2o
1/2 tsp stevia
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup blue berries
pre heat oven 350 grease or line muffin tins-- I made 9 small --maybe 6 goodsize ones..
in blender or food processor add banana's, flax seed, egg replacer and h20 blend well..
in a bowel mix dry ingredients, add wet and mix all together, fold in blue berries and voila.. Bake for about 20 - 25 mins


Our soup doesn't really photographic well.. so here is Eli at the table..
Awww mom - soup again? That's what I heard as the kids shuffled to the table.. The soup recipe came from La Dolce Vegan pg 121 Cindy o's " chicken" & rice soup for the soul.. I was quite intrigued by the recipe as my dear hubby requested a break from beans.. eekk.. No Seitan in the freezer, kids don't eat tofu - what's a gal to do? This recipe calls for 2 tbls gluten + 2 tbl h2o and ya just cook the darn stuff w/ the soup.. Yes it was that easy..Who knew? And guess what? It really was tasty.. And there were no left overs, so I must have done something right.. I cut up the little seitan bits into small chunks reminiscent of canned soup.. I think if I made it again I would use noodles in place of rice.. cuz, that's just the kind of gal I am..

7 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! The soup and muffins looks delish! And I'm glad the rain let up for you!

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The muffins look terrific. I've never used stevia before, glad to hear you had good results with it. The soup looks so tasty...no leftovers is always a compliment :) Your post reminds me of the cookbook "Soups On!", it's all about vegetarian soups and muffins.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The soup sounds like a real winner. I'm waiting for my Kal Stevia to arrive in the mail so I can cook up some vegan sugar free treats. Between you and Dori I've got two very promising recipes!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Cutie pie!

Au contraire on the photo of the soup, mia, it looks SOUPerb!

And those muffins... wow, that takes me back to childhood. Have to try that recipe!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

julee,
love the photos and stories behind them all! and i'm looking forward to trying your blueberry muffins. by any chance do you have a vegan birthday cake recipe? i'm going to be baking all the birthday cakes this year for flynn's kindergarten class and we have a vegan child. only tried and true vegan recipe i have is for a chocolate cake and i want something with no chocolate. i'll send you my vegan oatmeal scones recipe soon.
xxoo allie & co.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger seattlegal said...

Wow these look incredible! I love the smell of blueberry muffins - almost as much as I love eating them! Like your blog - great title.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home