Monday, September 04, 2006

weekend cooking + I switched to beta..

SO.. Saturday night pizza-making fun! actually since trying out my other Bryann Clark Grogans cookbooks and LOVING the results I busted out 20 min to dinner again.. I had all the ingredients to make her Greek-style spinach pizza. Pretty darn tasty! Me and Hubby both agree the only thing it was missing was garlic! the filling consist of tofu, miso, nutritional flakes and spinach seasoned w/ a touch dill. This topping would make an awesome filling for a stuffed-noodle bake topped w/ a marinara sauce(hubby's suggestion). I made a whole wheat crust, I double the recipe and in retrospect I didn't really have to. One crust would have been plenty. The spinach pizza would have been a hard sell for the kids though. So, they made their own..poor things we were out of their favorite toppings so their plain pizza consisted of crumbed bocca burger and cheese- veganrella for Emma and reg. mozzarella for Eli. On the side we had a big garden salad. I have been blessed w/ children who love salads! yea!

So yesterday little Eli had some sort of flu that really knocked the wind out of he sails and he pretty much slept all day. Leaving Emma with no one to fight with.. ahhh.. These two kids have this innate urge they can't seem to control .. when one is sleeping the other is compelled to wake them up..urrggg. soo I tried to distract Emma in order to let Eli rest we made Muffins that taste like doughnuts from Vegan Vittles. And well, no one complains about fresh made muffins. I can't say that they taste like doughnuts(maybe a little bit), but they were okay. And not only was Emma distracted she also has a muffin to take to school next week, one of her little preschool classmates is having a birthday and that always involves eggs + butter of some sort (cake, cupcake or cookie). For dinner last night we let Emma pick. Over mac -n- "cheese" she chose Cheezy corn and frank chowder again from 20 min. to dinner.. and well, I will spare you the photo.. But, really it was tasty! as freaky as it sounds. The soup was really chalk full of goodness: tofu, miso, nutritional yeast flakes, potato's, onion, celery, corn and well hot dogs. Emma LOVES the veggie dog! cold, cooked, plain or as a sandwich. And now evidently in soup. Eli bounced out of bed today and is feeling much better. He tried a bite of soup and actually liked it.. Wow!

15 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Carrie™ said...

Glad to hear your son is feeling better. The soup sounds, um, interesting to say the least, but it would probably taste really good! The muffin picture looks yummy. I make muffins and freeze them for a work snack. The ones you buy are just awful! And I love the pizza picture. Soooo cute!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get over how darn cute your kids are. Their faces are sweet innocence (although I'm sure they have their moments). They look like they're having such a blast making pizzas together. :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Dori said...

Must be a great day for pizza, but then what day isn't. You little ones are so cute ~ just love those big smiles.

I notice you are 36, we are the same age ... I just turned 36 in August.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, the only thing more beautiful than you food on your blog here are your KIDS! Gorgeous!

Wishing good health to *all* of you!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Candi said...

Hi!
Thank you for stopping by my blog! I enjoyed reading yours and love the photos of the amazing food and incredibly adorable kids!! lol! I love how they know what they want on their pizzas, and you are too sweet to let them be creative and give them options to build their perfect pizza! They all look so delicious. (My favorite is that spinach!! MMM!)

I'm glad you son is up and about again so now he can give his sis someone to fight with! LOL!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Candi said...

PS> I linke dyou to my blog so I can visit often and easily, and when I checked to make sure the link was working, I see ME on your list! AWW! Thanks for linking me!! :) :)

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger B said...

Those muffins look great!

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there !
First, I'm glad that Eli is over whatever he had. Poor little guy ! I so agree that your kids are the cutest !

I want to try that pizza ! It has my name written all over it. A couple of my top 5 are on there :D
And that muffin thatmay taste like a donut ! It looks really good :)

and, I'm also 36 !! LOL

Gaia
http://liveitupvegan.blogspot.com

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww... your kids are absolutely precious! And your pizza's look delicious!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Your kids are so cute... getting them involved will always make them like their food... especially salad.. both my kids adore salad.. and healthy dressings as well..

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Its really Lysa
I love the pizza pix !!!
Those lil E's are sooo cute!
save that photo for the cook book you MUST write soon
LALALysa

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

pizza making looks like FUN! i want to get a bryanna clark cookbook - which do you suggest?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Shananigans said...

Aww, kids in the kitchen, nothing cuter! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I’ve yet to make any tofu-cheese mixtures but I need to get around to that. I bet it does make a tasty stuffed pasta filling.

I never liked salad till I was in high school and went vegetarian. Maybe if my parents tried to give me anything other than white ice burg lettuce drenched in ranch I might have learned to appreciate it earlier. : P I still don’t care for ice burg, for the record.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger funwithyourfood said...

I think is fun to have "pizza" nights. They're very cute kids!

Teddy

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home