Saturday, September 02, 2006

tagged..





I was tagged by Gaia list my top picks of things I think everybody should eat before they die

This tag started quite a discussion in our house so I thought my list would include my family's vote for their favorite food..

1. Hubby voted for my birthday sandwich from last year.. It was quite a work of art! Sandwich consist of marinated (w/ garlic and red wine vinegar) portabella mushrooms and eggplant, steamed Temphe then smothered in a home made bbq sauce, all grilled by hubby the grill master along w/ roasted red pepper, red onions, tomato and lettuce all on a fresh hoagie roll.. yum!

2. Eli voted for the chocolate pudding we splurge on now and again.. I say splurge because in our neck of the woods they are about .97 cents a cup...EEKKK!!!







3. Emma voted for Mac -n- "cheese" which consists of earth balance, nutrional yeast flakes, dash of garlic powder, onion powder and simply organic all purpose seasoning.

4. My vote is for Dreen's homesyle chocolate chip cookies! Those are sinfully delicious and I do believe everyone should experience them themselves!

5. Me and hubby agreed vine ripen homegrown tomatoes.. Our produce where we live is basically "van ripened", not so good.... Our climate makes gardening difficult, don't get me wrong it can be done.. Amber, my older daughter was about six the first time she had a home grown tomato said " Mom.. These are sooo good, they are not like the kind we buy at the store"...

jeeeezzee who hasn't been tagged yet? and sorry if you have been previously tagged..
I will tag
FOOD SNOB
Vegan eats & Treats
vegan cookbook tester

vegancookiemonster
Yeah, That "Vegan" Shit

8 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We make such a great couple, don't ya think? I like how Gaia "married" us. :)

That birthday sandwich is definitely a work of art. Glad you got a picture of it. I'd probably have it framed and on my desk if my hubby made me something so incredible. Ok, even if hubby made something not so incredible, I'd still probably have it framed. Just so long as it wasn't cereal or pb&j.

I like that you included your fam in your list. They both had great pics.

Dreena's choc chip cookies are what started me blogging in the first place. They are incredible. I also like them with carob chips.

And on the tomato front, guess what? I found a sneaky little tomato plant that must have sprouted up from last year's seed (and the previous owners). It actually has one tomato on it. I wish it would get a few more. It's starting to get a little chilly here and I know fall's settling in. I don't know how much more time we have before it gets too cold to grow anything. Speaking of, I have these gigantic basil bushes and I'm going to go do a massive harvest to take advantage of them before they too die.

-crystal
http://vivaciousvegan.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger seattlegal said...

good list!!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list! We are stuffing ourselves LOL, with garden tomatoes right now....if I could, Id send you some! I love everything about them, the color, smell, texture and best of all...taste!

I was tagged by Chris at Eat Air today too. 5 things....Ill have to give this some thought.

Huggs, G

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

my kidlets give the big thumbs up to the panda pudding!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Great choices! That soy pudding is intriguing.

Actually, I tagged you, too. (But blogger wouldn't let me comment--grrrr)Funny--guess that makes Gaia and me a tag team.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger madeinalaska said...

thanks vegan knitting.. I thought i fixed that earlier.. but, no it is done~~)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Stair Contractors Brockton said...

Looved reading this thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home