Sunday, August 13, 2006

Zucchini delight is right

This is the making of a fine Friday night dinner..One of dh co workers grew these crazy zucchinis in his garden.. And really I only used the big one for this dish and we had leftovers wow! I used the zucchini delight recipe from How it all vegan.. Really easy! I ended up slicing the zucchini in the food processor trying to disguise it a bit for the little ones sake who all though they have never really tried it in anything but bread...Proclaim they don't like it! The only thing else I would change is it called for 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes which was great for me, but a bit too spicy for the kids. But, they ate it zucchini and all..

We had a break in the rain and went blue berry picking the little ones had a blast.. We even were graced by the big brothers presence..ahh what a good boy. We are all going to miss him when he leaves! The little ones keep begging him to stay..


No Saturday night dinners to post we ended up eating leftovers...As we had a late lunch at a barbecue on the beach.. Yes, we came prepared w/ veggie burgers for me and hubby (wow, he could have had a burger but didn't) and veggie dogs for the kids.. Only endured a bit of ribbing..

6 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Emmy said...

That one zucchini looks like it's on steroids. I've never tried that recipe from How It All Vegan but I do like zucchini. It looks good. Blueberry picking...what fun :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Your kids are soo cute... all of them.. what an interesting age range...

I love the food processor for zucchini.. my youngest son hates it.. and my oldest son only started liking it this year. I have fooled them many a times.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly wishing I could find a berry patch around here. Looks like it was a fun outing. Your family is very cute.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Teen Vegan said...

Thank you for the blueberry zucchini bread recipe, it sounds so good! I was really nervous the first time I made zucchini bread (which wasn't too long ago) but you really don't taste it in there at all!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one up to my ears in zucchini - if you look at my blog you'll see the size of the veggie I recieved!

The almond cream is amazing, and so good when the weather gets too hot for the stove!

Anyway, you have a beautiful family and it looks like you had a lot of fun picking blueberries!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that is one honkin big zuke! you handled it well. & bluebery picking - well that looks delightful - save any for cooking?

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dori said...

You have a beautiful family. Is the background of your photo really in alaska? *asks naively, but just as boldly as bold as stubbing a toe* Aren't you all eskimo igloo dwellers up there?

Yay! Dad chose a veggie burger. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home