Tuesday, August 08, 2006

creamy corn chowder

(Venturesome Vegetarian Cooking: Bold Flavors for Meat- and Dairy-Free Meals http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1572840641/sr=8-1/qid=1155049723/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-2504433-1259204?ie=UTF8 )
Creamy corn chowder, yet another winner from this cookbook! (and there have been a lot!) I did add 2 cups of white beans for protein and it worked very well! Creamy and hot.. Unlike the rest of the states we have had a very cold and rainy summer. Soup is always satisfying.. the kids ate it w/ little coaxing. They are not big fans of soup. Which is really to bad because not only is it a one pot meal (Love those) I really enjoy making soup and experimenting, making it my own.. I usually make fresh bread but, today we had gone to the store and on they way home snacked on this small loaf of organic garlic bread it was a match made in heaven.

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

That soup looks so good. I, too, adore soup, but my kids aren't huge fans. Oh well, they have to eat it anyway. hehe.. I make up for it by having good bread or a nice dessert for them.

I love that you use pureed white beans for cream.. I do that too. It really makes a nice soup with a creamy mouth feel.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

omg.. I wonder if you know my relatives. Does the name Dindinger mean anything to you?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i love soup, but especially corn chowder. great bean idea.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger madeinalaska said...

Melody.. nope i don't recall that name..so, when you came up here did you visit them here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home