Monday, August 07, 2006

Enchiladas..

Well, it was a lovely Sunday afternoon here.. The dh took the little ones for a little hike threw the wild strawberry patch and they brought me back a treat.. Yummy little things.. On their little outing they saw a mamma deer w/ two babies, and two bears. One along side the road eating berries and the other along side a river chalk full of spawning and spent salmon.
Then we had dinner.. Under that mound of toppings is an enchilada.. Once I discovered how easy it was to make the sauce from the previously mentioned guinnah entry http://guinnah.blogspot.com/2006/04/soyrizo-and-green-olive-enchiladas.html
I have been doing it ever since.. Besides I can use organic ingredients .. The recipe makes two dinners for us so I make it and freeze the rest...

This dinner will be posted often as...
1. Its one of hubbies favorites
2. No coaxing the kids to eat, no dinner time drama = happy kids and parents
3. NO BRAINER

5 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks great! I love the cook once, eat twice philosophy.. we do it all the time in our house too.

and extra special is when the food satisfies all family members..

Love your blog.. I've looked through it..

The kids and I went to Alaska several years ago... it is such an amazing place... where do you live? Of course, don't answer that if it makes you uncomfortable...

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

those strawberries are like little red rubies.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...great blog you've got here! wow - wild strawberries. I'd love to wonder across some of those!

Great cookbook collection you have there. I am somewhat obscessed as well...but I don't have quite as big a library as you!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

dinner looks fabulous! wild strawberries & wild life -- sounds wonderful in your neck of the woods!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger madeinalaska said...

hey gals.. thanks for stoping by.. being a newbie.. i am a bit intimidated by bloging still..
Alot of my cookbook collection comes from Amazon gift cirt. got to love them huh?
hey melody we live in juneau the capitol. I went to grade school here then the my family moved to anchorage, i lived there for fifteen years always with the goal of moving back here. I really miss my family and freinds but, am happy to be surrounded by all the beauty and it is a nice place to raise kids in a smaller community. Kind of hard on them though when they are teenagers.. wow.. i should have just blogged all this eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home