Sunday, August 06, 2006

vive le vegan magic


Last night dinner..... Me oh my I must say Dreena is brilliant!
We (dh helped) made the Broccoli-Mushroom-Walnut phyllo pie. Amazing. We had just enough of everything in the fridge to put it all together. I did blend it all a bit more then called for the onions and mushrooms that is I did leave some broccoli bits .. One child doesn't like onions.. The other one loves them all of them red, green, yellow raw or cooked. Neither child likes mushrooms unless they are sautéed and by them self, not on pizza, noodles nothing.. so most nights usually end up pureeing a lot of onions after sautéing them.. Then adding them back to the dish. That little step has got to stop.
The only other recipes I have tried are the Banana oat bundles..Yummy, simple w/ just a bit of sugar.. and the fudgy brownies my daughter deemed with a huge smile on her face.. "Awesome chocolaty goodness"

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks scrumptious. Isn't Dreena amazing? I may just have to get over my fear of phyllo dough and give this a try. Maybe I'll have enough leftover to also make the apple dish you previously posted about. Next time I go to the store I'm definitely going to pick some up. :)

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! That wasn't you and the apple phyllo. That was Cherie over at Cuisine Creations. If you have phyllo leftover, you should check it out. It looked yummy. http://cuisinecreations.blogspot.com/2006/08/apple-phyllo-strudel-with-warm-cream.html

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh yum!!!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Emmy said...

That looks great! I've never worked with phyllo dough but I'm going to have to give a go one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home