Tuesday, January 09, 2007

this weeks grub..so far..

Here's what has been happening in my kitchen latley... Before we get to the pictures, let me just say that the sunflower lentil sandwiches are soo delicious! I didn't get a picture but, if I ever make it again I may just have to make two pies - one for dinner and one for sandwhiches. It is that good. I added a bit of 'mayo' but I mostly moistened it w/ the mustard sauce and then added lettuce and sprouts.. Eli snubed it, but Emma ate it.


Not the most flattering picture, eh? This is one of those Mommy is too lazy to cook kind of meals that really does make the kids happy..Its from How it all Vegan - Mums bean & cheese casserole pg. 108.
Here we have some of the yummist muffins I think I have ever made. From La Dolce Vegan pg. 275 Cinnamon Apple Muffins. I had to make something for Emma to bring to school because one of her classmates was going to be celebrating a birthday.. So, she got to bring this for her snack.
From The Everyday Vegan pg. 84 Chickpea Mash Stew. Pretty good.. I substituted about 1/2 an eggplant for the zucchini- and well, when I went to the fridge to get the sun-dried tomatos I realized I had accidently bought smoked- ohhh not good - so that got left out. Bummer. Yes, it is extra pureed because there is just less dinner-table drama from the little ones that way. My honey thought it tasted a pizza soup. Hmmm.. I also made some wheat beer-bread.


We had some left over chickpea mash and so we recycled it for a quick dinner. Added it to some whole wheat penner and baked it w/ some veganrella mozzarella.

14 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger aTxVegn said...

Okay, you've definitely convinced me on the lentil pie and mustard sauce. And I think I've made those muffins before and they were really really good.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Dori said...

The muffins sound yummy. We make a version of pizza soup. My teens still love it.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about making Mum's beans and cheese but never got around to it. I'll definitely give it a go. It looks delicious. And you've got me convinced about the lentil pie. With all the lentils I have, this woud be a great way to use them up. How did I skip over this recipe before?

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza Soup ! How interesting !

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter what you say, I always think your photos and food look great! The beans and cheese look delicious!

Courtney

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Anon said...

Ohh! Those muffins look SO good! I have so many things I want to make already but those must be added to my list! :P

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger bazu said...

Your food looks so stick-to-your-ribs. We just got 1.5 FEET of snow today, so I wish I could be getting some of the goodies from your house!

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, i always like your photos and i love that you tell us how much the kids and you like it or not.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made whole wheat wheat germ muffins for the kids the other day and they ate them up! Homemade muffins can be such a delight for kids - plus they get nutrition, too (hidden, sometimes)! Seeing the potatoes in your casserole make me want some ... maybe tonight :0)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love muffins, and those you made sound delicious. I guess I'll have to check that book out at the library for the recipe. Good luck to me, though, since there's always a long wait for any vegan cookbook. Thanks for sharing how your family enjoyed the food.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger laura k said...

Ooh, I'm glad the sunflower pie turned out well as a sandwich spread--I've been wondering! Maybe it's time for me to make another one.

Those muffins look delicious! Glad your little ones get to celebrate when their friends bring in cupcakes!

Mum's beans and cheese... it looks great. I really need to get that cookbook!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I really like the bean and cheese casserole. Anything I can make at the cottage that still tastes delish is a winner in my books!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

What a yummy week you had.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger love-up-you said...

Diamantentrauringe sind immer sehr beliebt bei thomas szabo den Paaren. Und der Grund seiner Popularität ist seine Eleganz und natürlicher Schönheit. Aber thomas sabo uhr vor Kauf Ihres Diamantring Sie müssen bedenken, die 4C von Diamant, Schnitt, Farbe, Karat thomas sabo ohrringe seestern und Klarheit. Es ist sehr wichtig, das Wissen dieser 4C haben. Aber der wichtigste Faktor unter ihnen ist der Schnitt eines thomas sabo anhänger Diamanten. Cut von Diamant bezieht sich nur auf die Qualität der Diamanten und auch seine Form.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home